Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

I Want This Because...

I've given bits and pieces of my reasons for doing what I'm doing on various social networking platforms, but never before have I sat down and written out all the things I want for myself with regards to my weight loss journey. I figured now is as good a time as any to set that intention.

I want this because...I'm tired of looking and feeling overweight.

I'm tired of always being tired.

I'm tired of not feeling sexy.

I'm tired of looking for validation from others.

But it's more than that. Forget the philosophical BS we all spout when we're trying to lose weight. There are superficial things I want, too.

I want to wear running shorts without feeling uncomfortable.

Next summer, I want to put on my first ever bikini and rock it.

I want to be able to shop at any store and know they'll have my size.

I want to know what it's like to wear a nice dress without feeling like it's suffocating me.

I want to be able to climb the stairs at my job without feeling like I'm going to die.

These are the reasons why I'm here. These are things about myself that I KNOW I can improve, and not for anyone except myself. I already suffer from depression and anxiety. I don't need worries about my weight and my health to be yet another thing to stress about right now. It's time to make a change before it's too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment