Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

2014 Vacation Series #1: Virginia Beach


Today was craaaaazy. We all had to wake up at about 3 in the morning to finish up packing for our week long trip down south. Before I knew it, we were packed up in my dad's Ford Explorer and headed to the New Jersey Turnpike. I was with both my mother, who acts as co-pilot on every trip, and my dad, who drove the car the whole 7 hours. Grandma sat in the back with me and was a great travel buddy. 

We arrived at our hotel around 3pm, so that's 12 total hours of trip preparation and travel. There wasn't exactly a lot of health food available on the ride there, so I ate crap.Surprisingly, it didn't put me over my calorie goal, so I'm technically still on track. I will work on getting more nutrient-dense food in my system now that we're settling in.

Naturally after the long trip, everyone wanted to rest -- everyone that is, except me. I was, for the first time ever, anxious to exercise and more specifically, to run. So I went down to the boardwalk (which was positively gorgeous, by the way), opened up my 5k Runner app, and got moving. Sometimes it felt wonderful, almost like floating more so than running. Other times it hurt, hurt so bad that all I wanted was to give up. But I ran every interval and made it back to the hotel feeling accomplished for having gotten off my ass and done SOMETHING to counteract the junk that I've been eating. There were lots of other runners out there, so I didn't feel alone. I even managed to smile at a few as I jogged past. 

So far, all is well. I'm glad to be away from everything and glad that I'm still focused on my goals. I'm interested to see where the road takes me from here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment