Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

My Story

Hi there. My name is Jackie, and I am 21 years old. I live in beautiful NYC, and after years of starting and stopping, giving up and giving in, I am proud to say that I am a runner.

Allow me to clarify this statement. I am not a fast runner. I am not a marathon runner. As of today, I am not even a 5k runner (still in training). I am teaching myself to run one step at a time. And trust me, it's not easy. I have very mild asthma which makes keeping my breathing under control difficult. I'm 180 pounds, which means I'm about 40 to 50 pounds overweight for my height (5'4). I also suffer from depression and anxiety, and my interest in health and fitness has helped immensely in dealing with my issues.

I don't know what exactly I plan to get out of this blog. I want a place to log my progress -- how I feel during and after each run, how far I'm running, and how fast. But I also hope that by stepping into the world wide web, I might be able to make some friends who can help keep me motivated.

I'm on Week 2 of a 5k running app similar but not identical to Couch to 5k. I will track my progress, write about my struggles, and hopefully look back on these early entries knowing I accomplished much more than I had planned to

No comments:

Post a Comment