Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

5k Runner, Week 3 Day 1

I was really nervous about running today. I knew I was going to go from running 1 minute and 30 seconds to running 2 minutes and 30 seconds -- a full 1 minute increase. If you're already a runner, it's probably not much to you, but it was a lot to me, probably because I've never done Week 3 of this program before. This was a turning point. I put it off all morning and most of the afternoon, but eventually I sucked it up and did what I knew needed to be done.


As you can see, my pace improved a bit, though speed is still abysmally slow. I'm not too focused on it right now, I just want to be able to run for long periods of time without feeling like I'm going to die. Also, see the little green bar? That means I've run 6 miles toward my goal of 100 miles by the new year! Very excited to see that bar continue to grow as I move along. 

No comments:

Post a Comment