Pages

Friday, January 24, 2014

The Workout Boredom Blues

I'm starting to hate Week 1 of Ripped in 30.

Not because Jillian's a bad trainer. And not because it's a bad workout. It's mainly because I'm frustrated with myself.

I've been doing this workout for a couple of days (I know, I know, not that long), and I'm floored by how quickly I get tired and how much this workout wipes me out. The last time I did it, I got so winded and nauseous midway through that I had to stop. I used to be able to do the Week 1 workout easily -- it was even, dare I say it, fun. I HATE that I let myself get this out of shape.

On the bright side, working out helps immensely with my depression. It also helps me add structure to my day, something my therapist said I was lacking. I hope that the rest of the things I want, like more endurance and strength, will come with time.

Oh, one more thing. I took some "before" pics to see what my progress will be. I'm very embarrassed by them, and therefore have NO intention of posting them unless and until there's a huge enough difference in my body for it to be worth it. That may be after I finish Ripped in 30, and it may be later this year when I've reached my goal weight, which will be anywhere between 135 and 140 pounds. I'd love to get there by my birthday, but I'm willing to take things slow and not rush through this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment